EBank Easy is a self-activated banking solution that is activated simply by dialling *140*140# from your MTC cellphone and following the easy instructions.
When opening an EBank Easy, you are automatically provided a transaction account and a linked 32-day notice savings account.
This solution allows you access to a full range of transactional banking functionalities, savings mechanisms and much more.
EBank's branch code is: 88 2000
How do I activate my EBank Easy?
If you are 16 years of age or older, simply dial *140*140# on your MTC cellphone from the comfort of, well anywhere in Namibia and you can open yourself an EBank Easy.
- Step 1: Dial *140*140#
- Step 2: Enter your Namibian ID number (Non-Namibians can only open an EBank solution by visiting an EBank Branch or Client Service Centre)
- Step 3: Re-enter your ID number ( This step is to ensure correctness of first entry)
- Step 4: Agree to EBank Terms and Conditions
- Step 5: Accept EBank Terms and Conditions
- Step 6: Enter a secure 5 digit numerical Personal PIN number
- Step 7: Confirm secure Personal PIN number
- Step 8: Enter First Name
- Step 9: Enter Surname/Family name
Please note that all funds received into your EBank Easy account will be on hold for 48 hours. For immediate access to you funds, please visit an EBank Branch or Client Service Centre with your original Identity Document or Passport.
Your EBank Easy solution is now set up and ready for use.
What can I do with my EBank Easy?
The EBank Easy includes one automatically activated Transaction Account and a linked 32-day notice Savings Account.
Your Transaction account can now be used to:
- Send Money to any MTC cellphone number
- Cash In (Deposit Money) into your account at a retail partner
- Cash Out (Withdraw Money) from your account at a retail partner
- Make and receive Electronic Payments (EFT) to and from your Namibian bank account.
- Pay at till for goods and services – including fuel payments at selected Engen outlets
- Link an EBank Easy Debit Card and pay for goods and services or withdraw at ATMs anywhere in Namibia
Your Savings account allows you to save money at competitive interest rates of 3.5% per year.
EBank Easy: How do I access my accounts:
You can access your account through 3 simple and free* channels:
Shortcode Banking (USSD)
- Dial *140*140# from your mobile device and enter your Secret PIN to access the Short code Banking Menu
- Access mobi.ebank.na from any smart phone
- Log In by entering your cellphone number and your Secret PIN to access the Mobi site Banking Menu
- Access www.ebank.na from any personal computer or tablet.
- Log In by entering your cellphone number and your Secret PIN to access the Full Internet banking Menu
* Normal mobile operator and data fees apply.
What are my account limits, fees and charges on the EBank Easy?
For a detailed table of EBank Easy fees and charges click on FEES AND CHARGES on the menu bar.
What are the key Features and Benefits of the EBank Easy?
- An EBank Easy is self activated – anytime, anywhere from your MTC cellphone number (network charges apply)
- No opening deposit required
- No minimum balance required on account
- No paper work
- Transparent and affordable fees
- Ability to link the EBank Easy debit card, free of charge