Overview of the Debit Card
EBank offers its clients a choice of two Master Card debit cards - the EBank Easy debit card and the EBank Smart debit card. Both cards are EMV (Chip and PIN) debit cards that are only allowed to do online PIN authentication and transaction processing. Clients can collect cards from an EBank Service Centre but will need to have shown proof of ID or passport to an EBank representative before the card can be linked to an EBank Easy or Smart transaction account.
EBank Easy Debit Card
- The EBank Easy debit card can only be used in Namibia
- The Easy debit card can be linked to an EBank Easy or Smart transaction account - but not a 32-day notice savings account
- The card can be used at all ATMs and point of sale (POS) devices in Namibia
- The Easy debit card cannot be used for 'card not present' transactions (e.g., online shopping) or transactions where a hold needs to be put on an account (e.g., car rental)
EBank Smart Debit Card
- The EBank Smart debit card can be used in Namibia and the rest of the world
- The Smart debit card can only be linked to an EBank Smart transaction account - not
an Easy transaction account or a 32-day notice savings account
- The card can be used at all ATMs and point of sale (POS) devices in Namibia, as well as Master Card-enabled ATMs and point of sales devices internationally
The Smart debit card can be used for 'card not present' transactions
(e.g., online shopping) and transactions where a hold needs to be put on
Linking an EBank Debit Card
EBank clients will be able to obtain a card from an EBank Service Centre or can call 061 297 1100. Clients will then need to LINK the card:
- Dial *140*140#
- Enter Secret PIN to reach the EBank Main Menu
- Select "Card"
- Select "Link Card"
- Accept EBank Debit Card Terms and Conditions
- Enter the 8 digit number displayed on the back of the card
- Enter the last 4 digits of the card number displayed on the front of the card
Clients will then need to redial *140*140# in order to SET a secret, 4 digit card PIN.
Stopping an EBank Debit Card
Important Definitions to Note:
STOP Card:Permanently cancelling or stopping an EBank debit card. Once a card has been stopped, no
transactions will be allowed. EBank cannot unstop a card. Once a card has been
stopped, the client will need to buy a new card if they want another.
Suspend Card: Placing
a hold on an EBank debit card, which can be lifted to re-activate the card. Once a card has been suspended, no transactions
will be allowed. A ‘suspend’ will automatically move to a ‘STOP’ (cancel card)
within 7 days if the card has not been re-activated.
Client can stop or suspend cards as follows:
- Stop card can be done by dialling *140*140#, selecting "Card" and then "Stop Card"
- Suspend or stop
card can also be done via the Client Service Centre (061 297 1100), Internet Banking (ebank.na) or Mobi (mobi.ebank.na)
How to Prevent Fraud on your EBank Debit Card
If your EBank debit card has been lost, stolen or the secret PIN compromised, immediately call the Client Service Centre (061 297 1100) or follow the steps above to Stop or Suspend your card via *140*140#, ebank.na or mobi.ebank.na.
Please remember that EBank will never:
- Ask you for your secret PIN
- Request you to respond to an email or SMS with personal information or your secret PIN
- Request you to click on a link in an email or SMS to take you to our online banking page
Keep your card PIN secret and safe at all times!